Be active in a way that suits me and that I enjoy
Regular physical activity is associated with lower rates of depression and anxiety across all age groups. Being active is as simple as finding an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life
You could try
- Walking to the shops instead of driving
- Joining a friend on a dog walk
- Going for a lunchtime walk or walking to someone’s desk rather than calling
- Yoga exercises before you head out in the morning
- Doing something you have always wanted to but never got around to it – like rollerblading or dancing
- A new sport – maybe one you have never even heard of before
Or check out
- Northamptonshire sport – for a range of sports and activities
- Park Run – run or walk, these events are free and open to everyone
- Couch to 5K – a 9 week programme you can do in your own time, to get you moving
- Country parks – a great place to walk and take part in other activities
Got an idea?
Share it with us on social media using #mywellbeingpledge so we can add it to the list and don’t forget to make your pledge now!
Don’t forget – we are here if you need to talk
For support with depression, anxiety and other mental health conditions contact Changing Minds IAPT. Under 18? Visit CAMHS Live
For a range of other mental health support visit Mental Health Northants Collaboration or Northamptonshire Healthcare
Are you finding everyday tasks more difficult? Contact Supporting Independence.